Join this unique Half Day film locations experience with your own expert guide.This Small Goup tour takes you out of the City to the beautiful, natural locations & settings that inspired Sir Peter Jackson to make LOTR in New Zealand.
The locations we visit include Rivendell, the home of Elrond, set in a virgin New Zealand rainforest. The River Anduinwhere the Fellowship voyaged to Amon Hen by canoe. The Gardens of Isengard, the site of the Orcs Felling the Trees and where Gandalf rode to see Saruman. See the quarry used for the filming of Helms Deep in Rohan and Minas Tirith. On Mt Victoria we visit the Buckland Forest which included the scenes of the ‘Race to the Buckleberry Ferry’ and the famous ‘Get off the Road’ scene, where the Hobbits hid from the Nazgul/Black Riders. Also stop and overlook the site of the DunharrowRohirrim encampment.
We also visit the Mount Victoria lookout, for the best 360deg views of Wellington City.
What you need to know
- Half Day
- Four hours duration
- Pick up 9.00am or 1.30pm
- Return: 1.00pm or 5.30pm
- Hotel or Wellington Central pick ups
- Refreshments, morning or afternoon tea
- Entry fees and GST included
- Air-conditioned luxury vehicle
- Not suitable for wheelchairs, walkers or people of limited mobility
- Child rates for 12 years & under and must travel with paying adult
- Infants 2 years and under travel free but must be booked in as a passenger